Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year Resolutions

Happy New Year my fellow readers!!! 2009 has passed; 2010 has begun... Wow! Time is really flying. This year is my second year celebrating New Year with SIA. It is kind of a different celebration which I think it's truly worth remembering even when I grow old. I counted down in my hotel room according to Malaysia/Singapore time with Jesus in my prayers. Prayers for a better year ahead, blessings to come upon myself, my beloved and both families, gratitude to God for what He had done for me during the previous year and continuous spiritual growth. AMEN! Within the same date (being in a different country with different time zone) I counted down with my set of crew in the crew room in Manchester! We had drinks, music, chit-chat sessions and we played games like Who's Who? and Scrabble! Wow.. I'm so proud of myself having to brainstorm at that hour! Followed by a toast for the new year and watched fireworks from the window... Thank God for sending me 3 new friends and a great set of crew whom had made my trip here so memorable! :D

A lot of people may just clubbed through the night, call it a night and get a hangover the next day. But I always prefer to choose something different and meaningful and with God, He had made it possible and all things are just so awesome! As far as we are to enjoy ourselves to the max for this day, it is also time to reflect what we have done for the past year and what is our resolution for this year. Thinking back a year ago I noticed I have massive changes in terms of my mindset, attitude and spiritual growth. Praise The Lord! But of course there are plenty of things that I know I can do better. It is mainly on confessing and repenting of my sins!!! To identify what I have done wrong and correct my mistake. Well, I realised I have done pretty good in a lot of aspects but still have to deal more wisely in managing my anger, fear, insecurity, friendships, my contributions in serving the Lord etc. Pray that He will give me wisdom and light from time to time...

I would now declare my resolutions for 2010... okay it's indeed a long list! The basic things are always to manage my finances and health better. Finances as in clearing my debt, increasing my savings, to provide more for my family and look for new opportunities. Besides that, in terms of my career, I have to master the coming JCL training, SEP and continue to perform my best on board and hopefully to reach out to more people in various parts of the world. Health as in continue to work on the healing of my skin, my spine,... Most importantly is my spiritual growth as in how I manage my time to serve Him more - to be more committed and contribute more to the Church, cell group as well as the community. To learn more about prayers, complete the bible, fellowship, write more blogs and carry myself better! I shall also be focused on building a fund... which is going to help in my mission fields in the future. Pray that my determination and effort will never go off and I will definitely achieve all these!!! Not to be missed out, to continue to work on my relationship, my family bondage and enjoy life!

Above all, I shall end this blog by joyfully receiving the great year 2010 once again! I shall continue to shine for Him, be a joy giver, focus on our vision and fulfil my calling according to His will and purpose for me... AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment