Monday, January 11, 2010

The Story Of 3 Stories

As what the title says I am gonna share with you guys three stories that inspire me and touch my heart recently. Firstly, I apologize if this is a lengthy blog. If you do look at my Facebook updates you should have known I spent my last two weeks fruitfully and joyfully! Praise The Lord! I had a great flight to Manchester - had a very nice complex leader on board, a good working position and got to know 2 new nice friends! As I have mentioned in my previous blog I really had an awesome New Year count down with Jesus and the set of crew. Last week, despite the delay due to snowing in Manchester, thank God I managed to make it on time for my KL flight. After so many years, this holiday in Genting gave me a different kind of encounter and feeling once again. I did not visit the Theme Park but I was indeed happy to see people from all walks of life gather and have fun at this small little mountain. Like I've always said a budget trip can be much more fun as long as you get to enjoy it with people you treasure. There you see small families, tour groups, couples; of different races, different states in the country and even from different countries. A peaceful and harmonious nation is always the best! Just hope that everyone realises that...

I went to play the pool - Wow! I think I start to master the basic skills! I went to sing KTV with my beloved - Well, I never sing KTV with 1 person alone before and it was real fun that I did not need to keep screaming in the room and book the mic from time to time! I watched a movie on cinema entitled Bodyguards & Assassins - You gotta watch it man! It is so meaningful with great action and casting based on a true story. And that's the first story I am going to share today. It is about how people in China joined the evolution to fight for democracy over the ruling of Dynasty Qing. A few characters were featured and each has their personal life stories - a man was haunted with his past sins he chose to torture himself everyday just to make himself feel better; a hardcore gambler only started to appreciate his loved ones after years of merry-go-round; a daughter whom never understood her father but only blame him for not providing her sufficient love and needs ended up in guilt and pain when his corpse was lying right in front of her; an innocent man who just long for a simple life not knowing what is the real purpose of fighting; a businessman whom always help the people with money discreetly but yet insisted not to get involved because he wanted to protect his family and businesses; a rich young man whom have everything in the world finally understood the meaning of life and death; a man whom just work towards his goal of the evolution his entire life; and others. They all in the end stood up to fight and die together for peace and harmony in the nation, for one hope, one goal.

The characters truly reflect the various types of people in the world be it the world long ago or the current world. As I watched this show I was thinking how good if they already knew God at that time like how you and I know God now. Their sins will be forgiven, they will not just be chasing after power, money and fame, they will gain peace and joy. Everything will be so different. As shown in the movie, Sun Yat Sen was very sad to see the death of his people but he said "For the people, peace and freedom, require sacrifices and the sacrifices of blood". This reminded me once again how God loves us that He sent His only begotten son to make this sacrifice; sacrifice of blood for us. If only we could realise this and acknowledge His love for us. Sadly, most of the time we forget how our freedom and lives were exchanged. Just like we often forget how people sacrificed for people we also forget how Jesus sacrificed for us. And that could be the worst thing in life. So the story here is to renew our minds once again... to appreciate our good lives that have been exchanged by Jesus on the cross, acknowledge Him and bring glory to Him. Amen? AMen!!!
The second story was actually shared by my church sister Rachel during our Aircrew Fellowship camp. I used to read that story when I was very young but just not as inspired as now. Hmm.. you must be curious right? Well, I guess I shall continue the other 2 stories in my next blog as I don't want my readers to get a headache reading! Before I say goodbye I gotta share the Word of God for today - John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Probably I will like to touch on this sentence, "Sadly, most of the time we forget how our freedom and lives were exchanged. Just like we often forget how people sacrificed for people we also forget how Jesus sacrificed for us"

    It's a sentence which is not very hard to interpret, simple words used. But deep inside that sentence, do we really understand what it really meant?

    If we do, prolly there wont be so many unnesessary events that happened.

    Humans know Jesus sacrificed for us when we attend service, read the bible, attend cell etc etc.

    but often we forgotten how Jesus sacrificed for us when we are not reminded of Him. example? i seen this many many times. At a busy foodcourt, an old lady is clearin the tables, after eatin, we left with the mentality, the old lady will clear the tables for us cos it's her job.

    Think about it. What else can we do?

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sharing! Can't wait for your part 2 and 3... hehe!

    ReplyDelete