Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Month Of Great Favour

It has been a fruitful month indeed. I have so many things and revelation to share that I could not fit in all in a single blog. August is a month that I like partly because it's my birthday month! Thank God for giving me a few meaningful celebrations with my sister and friends. And of course thanks for plenty of gifts from them too! Guess what I share the same birthday as Singapore's national day and end of the month would be my country's national day! A month of Festival Of Praise and a month of City Harvest Church's 20th anniversary. WOW! A month of celebrations huh? Besides that it is a month that I am going to clear my probation - a month that I'd be longing for. You know what I just came back from London and coincidentally my bestie flew there too. We get to go out together and it's our first ever oversea trip together! And my flight was really good and I got a good complex leader and the best check ever! Looks like it ends well for my last flight before I clear my P. Praise The Lord! It is a month where I get my allocated annual leave and I am able to go back to Malaysia for 1 whole week!!! Can't wait to meet my Mum, my sister, relatives and friends!!! It is surely gonna be an exciting week. Hallelujah! Isn't it a month of great favour and joy??? AMEN!

Okay, time for a short testimony. I have shared this during my cell group meeting and I guess it's only my second time sharing a testimony in a CG. This round I would say I can really feel the impact that I teared uncontrollably during my sharing. Well, have you ever wonder how beautiful God's plan is? We all did but it is never within our expectation. Things happen. Good or bad. But God will always be there to give you an answer as and when you need it. Not to mention other revelation I have gained over the past few weeks yet (will touch on this in my next blog). Just as how badly I wanted to take MC for an Indian flight on my birthday, God has stopped me from doing so. O Lord why not? I don't wanna work on my birthday on such a so-called s*cks flight; and I don't want to miss out the limelight dinner session with Pastor Kong! There and then in Delhi, I realised it all happens for a reason. First, the set of crew sang me a birthday song during PFS in the briefing room (alright that's a little weird) and IFSS bought me a cake and they celebrated for me in the crew room upon arrival to the hotel. Somehow I feel they are just being nice and bounded to do that out of IFSS's initiative. So I don't say it's something truly meaningful to me. Anyway, one day when I leave the company it will still be something quite special and worth remembering.

That night the electricity just cuts off for 1-2 mins every 30 mins??! I was a little freak out and started to imagine a lot of creepy nonsense. And problem is, it was extremely dark I could not see anything at all at that point of time. I called the Guest Services to check out what happened (well my general knowledge is pretty bad - I should have known that this is really common in India). Even their supermarkets have the same problem. The staff told me this happens regularly due to insufficient power in the country. That caught me in the heart... I suddenly put myself in their shoes and could feel how terrible it is to suffer in such condition. No lights? Imagine if it's a small village... I guess the black out will happen more frequent and last even longer. The next day, I went to have my lunch (good Indian food - yummy...); on the way back a little girl came to us begging for money. Her clothes was torned all over and she looked innocent yet weary. The crews asked me not to give her any money as it will attract others to come to me as well. But when I looked at her face and how desperate she was I discreetly gave her 15 rupees of coins I have in my purse. It was such a tiny amount - 15 rupees is equivalent to like only 50cents in Singapore. But the crew said it is more than enough for them to cover a meal. This struck me again. Before the flight, I was still in doubt of which child to sponsor through World Vision where they only have 2 choices of countries - India and Thailand for the time being. I was thinking of procrastinating the program because I wanted to get a child from South Africa instead. Yet God made all these to happen just in time. There must be a child praying to God to help her find a saviour. What I can do is just to contribute a small sum of money to her every month. But God is her true saviour! With this, God has answered her prayers and she shall be safe in the name of Jesus. AMEN!

"Romans 8:28-29 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them." AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment