Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Lord Has Spoken

Hello guys! It's been quite some time I didn't feel this joyful already... Came to know that whatever you have in your life i.e. money, relationship, career, ...just could not bring you the pure joy that God could. A little surprise though as I am currently facing skin issues that caused me to be grounded. Well though I opt for grounding myself in the very first place...(reason is to treat my skin completely) somehow I am not suppose to be "that" happy right? No flight means no money! I guess the bottom line is health is more important than wealth. Amen.

I just came back from Moscow-Houston and this was my second visit to the two destinations. Regardless of my skin getting more severe throughout the trip, to me it was still a very blessed trip! A 4 sectors flight but I only needed to work 2 sectors and paxing 2 sectors. Moreover the load in YCL was real light. It was just an easy flight and I got the chance to hands on a little in JCL. Paxing 2 sectors was tiring but I am still proud to have watched a few movies in a row i.e. Hachiko the Dog (you will cry like shit), The Incredibles (nice to watch over and over again), Poker King, Alvin & The Chipmunks, God of Gamblers and Fight Back To School (Wow!! Just miss those HKG old movies so much!) Besides the set of crew was very nice and I got to fly with 2 crews that I flew with before and I also got to meet up with my batch boy and another crew friend! Don't know why I just got to share about God with a few people even a passenger! Awesome! Awesome!

This ain't a sightseeing flight anyway. The weather was just too cold for me and I refused to go out in Moscow not just because I was lazy but I didn't want to worsen my skin condition. In Houston, as usual I spent some money shopping! It's truly a shopping paradise! I spent only a few hours in Hollister, Abercrombie, Aeropostale & Sephora and I ended up spending SGD500++! Gosh... Oh Gosh... Hee...and you know what, I got to visit Lakewood Church founded by Pastor Joel Osteen!!! How cool right? I was truly blessed because initially I thought and everybody thought I will not make it to go there because there's no church service on Friday! I was just hoping that they might have some kinda occasions so that I could at least go and have a look. Indeed when I reached the hotel, I checked with the concierge and the lady searched through the internet for me. They have a prayer service every first Friday of the month! And thank God it was the first Friday of the month!!! Hallelujah~!

I took a cab there at night and I was feeling a bit scared because you know, talking about America... people can just do anything to anyone right? Sorry - no hard feelings! And I was also quite afraid that I might meet some kinda cunning cab drivers. I prayed for protection before I go and guess what the driver was simply a nice gentleman! He's a Muslim and we talked a little about religion. He charged me cheaper than the metre and before I alight, he gave me his namecard so that I can call him when I need to return to the hotel. Wow! Praise God man! I was still thinking how am I suppose to get a cab back from there? I went in the church... it's huge! The security wasn't very friendly though. Walked past their bookstore.. wow.. it's huge! I just wished I could go in but it was closed. I met a few friendly brothers and one of them told me it's the biggest church in America! The prayer service started and I submitted my specific prayer request to them. Though I didn't get to meet any of the pastors but I still felt so excited about it.

Their approach is a little different. But one thing that I was quite disappointed was they don't have much attendance for the prayer service and everybody was just so quiet. The room was really dry and the way they pray was kinda conservative as well. Not much of emotions, no prayers aloud, no tongues and no response. I guess they will not sue me for writing this right? Hmm... I was the only Asian in the room and I think I have more fire than them. -lol- But I shall attend their church service before I could really judge. Come on~ I didn't even get to see a pastor ok? But then my friend shared with me that a lot of mega Western churches are going down because of people losing their fire for God. And they need a lot of people like us to be an inspiration and to worship God praise God together with them enthusiastically. Well, I guess God was speaking to me through this experience. To replant my fire for Him, and to entrust my calling that He has given me all along.

Of course I did feel the presence of God! I prayed and prayed.. and my stomach was not feeling very well because I did not eat enough. Just felt like vomitting... but as I prayed for healing suddenly the Holy Spirit just fell unto me and my saliva glands was producing a lot of saliva by itself! I mean I tried to control but a lot of saliva just came out nonstop. I don't know how to describe but eventually I felt much better after swallowing those saliva. Eeww... disgusted? Sorry... =p Furthermore, recently I have been praying for an answer or confirmation I would say and God answered me that night too. Thank you Lord! As I reached Moscow, again I felt demotivated because of my skin issue. I prayed out loud for peace and God just spoke to me through the book of Jeremiah. And I shall end this sharing with these messages:-

Jeremiah 30:10-11 "So do not be afraid, Jacob, my servant; do not be dismayed, Israel," says the Lord. "For I will bring you home again from distant lands, and your children will return from their exile. Israel will return to a life of PEACE and quiet, and no one will terrorize them. For I am with you and will SAVE you," says the Lord. "I will completely destroy the nations where I have scattered you, but I will not completely destroy you. I will discipline you, but with justice; I cannot let you go unpunished." AMEN.

1 comment:

  1. Wah, seems like you're so blessed huh. it's like, things are goin quite smoothly isnt it?

    It was overall a nice short introducing to the way the Americans worship Christ? I guess it's a different culture.

    Continue to be on fire for God alrite? and hope to get to read more in your blog cos i really do think your blog is very meaninful and of course, the way you talk about our heavenly Father. (:

    ReplyDelete